Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk العربــية بـيـن يد يــك Arabic between your hands
The project aims at the propagation of the Arabic language and supporting its institutions by utilizing all possible scientific and technical means. To achieve this, we designed and developed a comprehensive program in teaching Arabic to the speakers of other languages. This program starts from zero level and ends when students nearly master the language to an extent that enables them to continue their studies in universities where Arabic is the medium language of study. Arabic at Your Hands is the latest curriculum in teaching non-native speakers of Arabic. The series has a modern approach using the latest methods from the science of linguistics as the foundation of the curriculum. It begins from the basic level (with real beginners) and ends with the students to nearly master the language to the degree that enables them to continue their studies in universities entirely in Arabic.
Main programs of the project:
- Compiling an integrative curriculum.
- Designing a site at the internet.
- Production of compact discs.
- Production of T-V instructional programs.
- Production of radio broadcasting programs.
- Running highly specialized teacher training courses.
Characteristics of the series
- Systematic organization of the structure of the units
- Sound and phonetic features have been treated in a variety of ways and some of which are totally new.
- The structure of the book suites the intended level.
- Each textbook comes with an audio CD.
- The series was uniquely produced.
- The series focuses and address both genders (male and female)
- The integration between skill and elements
- Concern of the Arabic alphabet sound system with both distinctions (recognition) and production levels
- The material is skillfully presented
- A variety of texts are selected: dialogue, topics, stories etc…
- The functional aspect was utilized when presenting grammar structures
- A focus on oral skills in the basic level
- The is great balance between language elements and skills
- An array of drills and exercise are used
- The unit system has been used in the presentation of materials
- The number of words and grammar structures in each unit are highly controlled
- New words are presented in full context
- Word glossary and expressions are listed in the index of each book
- Attention has been made to the word lists that are common in the Arab world
- Benefit has been made of common grammar structures lists
- Cultural concepts have been presented in interesting ways
- Illustration has been used overwhelmingly especially in the first book 1
Object of the series The series aims at achieving the following competencies
- The Four Language Skills: Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing (mechanical and creative)
- The Three Language Element: Sounds (various phonetic features), Vocabulary (contextual and idiomatic expressions), Grammar structure (a suitable dose of grammatical and morphological rules).
- Communicative Competency
- Cultural Competency
- Only Arabic: Modern Standard Arabic or (Fus’haa) is used, No dialect is used and there is no other medium language.
Generality of the Arabic series:
- It is a Dawah’ and educational project that has no aim of worldly profits.
- The latest series in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
- The series is composed of three volumes, each containing: the student book, the teacher book and eight recorded tapes.
- The series is accompanied by an Arabic-Arabic illustrated dictionary that contains more than 6,000 entries.
- The standard modern Arabic is used.
- The series aims at teaching the four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing, with special focus on sounds, sound features, and grammatical structures.
- The series also aims at facilitating the learning of the Arabic language.
- The series has been adopted by more than 12 universities and institutions all over the world.
Components of the Series
- The basic level: Textbook + Teacher’s Book
- Intermediate level: Textbook + Teacher’s Book
- Advanced level: Textbook + Teacher’s Book
- Arabic – Arabic Illustrated Dictionary
- Mp3 Audio CDs for each level
Levels of the Series
- Basic Level
- Intermediate Level
- Advanced Leve